June 18th, 2015 - Blood Freak (1972)


Abbreviated Entry...

So most of June has been pretty brutal for me schedule-wise. Big Time Life Events™ of close family members (weddings/funerals/reunions) have conspired to make the movie-every-day thing rather difficult. I've still managed to watch one every day, but the end result of everything life has thrown my way is that I'm as exhausted as I've ever been. So to keep my sanity (and this blog going), I'm going to do things a bit differently for a little while - I watched the movies, but rather than the standard entry, I'll just do a little synopsis, a little imdb research, quote some of the reviews (can you do that?) and bounce off of them. Followed up by my general impressions.

Okay, thanks!

Blood Freak

You know, I just don't want to do the synopsis thing with this one. The imdb reviews I've posted below give you some plot points... but trust me, going in cold was the way to go. I mean, you're *only* going to be into this if you're in to bizarre, cult cinema... but man - if you're searching for crazy 70's psychotronic weirdness, I don't know if you could do much better than Blood Freak. See it!

I will say that I knew about halfway through that I *needed* to own this film. I bought it and it's now a part of my permanent collection. Blood Freak lends itself well to an annual Thanksgiving viewing (a turkey farm plays a large part of it, amongst other things), and I fully intend on watching it with my family this Thanksgiving. Honestly, they'll probably bail out and I'll end up watching it alone... but I haven't been this excited for Thanksgiving... maybe ever?

Incredible twisted Christian-Drug-Gore-Turkey Monster film

You could spend your whole life trying to find something as bizarre as this film and not succeed.
     -Thanks "J. Mike Perkins" via imdb


It's true!

This film is as out-of-control as a serious filmmaker could get and still be trying to make an honest-to-God film with a real message. Never have I seen a pro-Jesus-anti-drug-murder-turkey-mutant-vampire movie. Brad Gritner and Steven Hawkes have succeeded in going beyond laughing-stock into a realm of unparrelled cult statis that which few will ever attain. I wont spoil one minute of this movie for you by recounting any of it, just know that it's impossible to find any movie more deserved of the cult genre than this one. Take the plunge and see this movie!!! You wont regret it!
     -Thanks "lost1-1" via imdb


Yes!

Do NOT miss this movie!
     -Thanks "capkronos" via imdb


Listen to capkronos!

So, be warned it's for the cult/bizarre enthusiasts only. Other than that? There's nothing else to say. Blood Freak is the shit.

I would   highly recommend   this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment